Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Photography Class with Jeremiah Jenner

This new year I wanted to take my photography skills to the next level.  My main goal being,  I wanted to move from shooting on mostly Aperture  Priority to completely Manual settings. I asked around and did some research, and came across Jeremiah Jenner. He is an award winning fine art photographer, with his own gallery. He teaches at several venues including Broward Community Schools and has classes for all levels.  I thought it would be a great fit because it would push me out of my little box of portraiture. 

The class was fabulous. Jeremiah is very laid back and patient. He did a great job of making everyone feel comfortable and confident regardless of their personal level in an advanced class. My favorite part of the class was the field trips. We went to Deerfield Beach to take pictures of waves at sunset using a very slow shutter speed. We worked on product photography at his loft/ gallery. We also headed to  downtown Ft. Lauderdale, taking pictures in the evening sans flash using various rules of composition. The entire experience was great. After letting go of the safety of Aperture Priority, I realized their were so many more possibilities when I was in complete control on Manual.   I have always loved taking pictures of people. Now, I enjoy looking at places differently through the lens of my camera. Being pushed out of my box was just what I needed.









No comments:

Post a Comment